Mar 16, 2009

Job-a-hunting we go.

I'm not a fan of change, but I've reluctantly over the years I have given in and accepted that it is a part of life. Even more so is the case now. With Scumbag J slowly getting out of the picture, I've come to the conclusion that it is time for me to find a new job, get away from whatever drama surrounds him. Let it all go. You know? Yeah, I know.

And so, this week instead of awesome nights of getting wasted and sleeping in until two, the adult in me has kicked in and I have gone job hunting. And so far, it has been a disaster it makes me not want to get a new job.

I decided to grasp the opportunity given at Dish Bistro Lounge. Very cute through the website, very odd location if you live in the area. Actually going in? I was confused. The place was a little bit bigger than my very bedroom. The owner was a gay black man that got up and walked out in the MIDDLE of my interview to answer the phone! Without saying "excuse me" or even "hold on a second". No, of course not. Mid-freakin-sentence he just got up and answered his blaring phone.

What?

Anyway, there were 2 couches, 7 tables and a bar with 12 stools. You know, having someone walk out on you mid-interview I decided to survey the place. I wasn't really sure how this place worked or if they were even busy. Two minutes turned into fifteen minutes and I was flipping through the menu. $17 for BBQ chicken? Negative. Now, I was just annoyed. The little gay man comes in, apologies and continues to ask question - quite obviously uninterested in my responses. Halfway through one of my answers he comments that his head hurts and that I sound like a good candidate and he'll be calling me.

I don't want your job, weirdo.

0 comments: