Feb 18, 2009

Your age determines your lack of Intelligence

I believe that to an extent. A lot of people tend to act their age and it shows. It shows in the way that they carry themselves, how they talk, and how they interact with their surroundings. I've always been wise beyond my years, and for that I am grateful. I have also always surrounded myself with people that are like that. My best friends and I may be 20/21, but we act like we're 30 and sometimes it's sad, but at other times it works in our favor. However, not everyone is so lucky - and for that, I am sad. Because for whatever reason, those types of idiots (most of which I am watching right now) seem to be attracted to me. Females and males alike. It makes me want to go around and punch small animals. It drives me insane.

You must want an example, no?

Everyone in college knows the Library etiquette, right? You sit one tables length away from a person, you don't blast your music, you speak in hushed tones, you don't talk on the phone and you mind your own damn business. These rules really aren't hard to follow - especially early in the morning when there is a 98% chance that someone WILL call you out on your inability to follow rules. This is college, after all -- did you learn nothing in grade school?
*sigh*

There are many of us, like me, who like to procrastinate and thus run to the library at ridiculous times in the morning in order to better concentrate and finish a paper that is due in an hour. The very last thing we seek or need is some idiot blasting their music, a group of people laughing, or someone talking on the phone. This morning, with the luck that I seem to so posses, I encountered all three of these situations. And with each one striking within mere minutes of the other, I found myself becoming enraged. My face was getting hot, my eyes were darting and my concentration was lost. All I needed was someone to sit next to me blasting music and I was sure to blow.

And oh, I did. Because my life wouldn't be complete without the assholes.

Cutie over here decides to blast TECHNO of all things at 8am. I am not all for it, and so politely I turn and stare - in college library world this means, "Turn down your music." No such luck. Then there is the deep sigh and shuffling of papers. Again, no luck. Must I resort to drastic measure, Cutie? Must I?

I must.

Me: *taps kid on shoulder*
Cutie: What?
Me: Your music is ridiculously loud.
Cutie: *stares*
Me: *stares back*
[has this become a staring contest?]
Me: *clears throat* Mind putting it down?
Cutie: *stares more*
Me: Okay, look. It's loud and too early and I'm irritated. Either turn it down, move, or something foreign will hit you across the head.
Cutie: *get his belongings and moves*

Ahhhh. Peace and quiet.

0 comments: