Feb 7, 2009

He's just not that into you

I've seen many movies, I've read many books. Every single one is always cliche, but I gobble it up because it makes me all queasy inside and I want that. I want THAT so badly so I read about them since I can't have it. How much do I suck?

I figured, alright - just like every movie. He's just not that into you will have the sappy happy ending and we're all going to cry and wish we had a guy just as fantastic, but we don't so lets just go home and eat some ice cream til our stomach hurts. Right? Wrong. I mean, there was sap and there was happiness, but there was also nitty gritty stuff. Like, stuff that hit too close to home. I'm talking about a room FULL of women and you could see the expressions change instantly as something that pertained to them was addressed. Pained looks, you know? That kind of look that makes you want to sink deeper into your seat and think, "well oh fuck". Yeah. It was like that. I heard a women sniffle behind me during a particular part, which I assumed had happened to her and my heart broke a little. Here we all were.. watching a movie we expected would make us smile.. and instead it brought back memeories - flooding through us of all the terrible and disgusting relationships we endured and attempted to lock in a closet. So many women, so many tears. I thoroughly enjoyed it, most especially the message at the end.

Anyone have quotes from the movie? I'm dying here.

0 comments: