Apr 1, 2009

Things I guess I should have said?

Happy April 1st and all that jazz. I'm not too big on pranks. Actually, I hate them a hell of a lot. You could say that I'm slightly traumatized. May so, I am a lot of the case in traumatized. So, I'm going to turn my cheek to you today, April Fools. And do this prompt:


We all have something we want to say to someone. Maybe it’s someone in your life now. Or, maybe it is something you wish you said to someone who is no longer in your life. It could even be Mr./Ms. Random Person that you saw in the local coffee shop today. What do you want to say that you were never able to?You can leave the person(s) identity anonymous, if you’d like. Feel free to feature more than one person. Do it in letter form or any form you prefer. Show us that creativity!


Stole this from Lilu who stole it from Twenty Something Bloggers. Being blessed with the gift of gab, I am often times stuck without words. And then I go home and recite all the things I wish I had said in the mirror, and I get angry. And then I drink a diet coke and I'm over it. But I never do forget those things I wish I had said to people, and here is my chance. Some are a bit much, I know. But there are no secrets here, right? Right. On then.
------------

Truly, I am amazed that you are married. And with child, no less. You were a terrible lover, and quite frankly - I feel bad for your wife. So, maybe we left things with many pieces. We said things that at the moment, you didn't mean. But I meant every word I said. And I don't even really feel bad. People say there is good in everyone. That is false. You were and are a bad person. I hope you one day change your ways.

I love you, a lot. I always have and I always will. But for the amount of effort I put into our friendship, you do a stank ass job. And sometimes, I resent you for this. You want everything to be your way, you call to complain, but you never lend an ear. I guess that's sort of why we live so far and only speak every so often. And I suppose that is why I never answer the phone anymore when you call - I simply text you back. Because you lack the recognition of a good friendship. And you take people for granted, and you put yourself back. I love you, a lot. But I want to associate myself with you less and less because you fall short of all you claim to be. Your goals are false, and you will settle for less - when you deserve that much more. And that, in truth, makes me a hell of a lot sad.

There are times when some friendships don't make it back. I know you're sorry, and I forgive you. But I don't forget - and I don't even miss you.

Your accusations made me rebel. Whenever I said I was at my best friends house, I really was. I was never a liar, and I never will be. But when you expected me to be at someone elses house, I was there. Just for you, just so you could feel better for yourself. I always thought you'd grow out of this, but at 20 years old - you smother me. And I'm counting down the days til I move three states away. I wish you'd stop before it's too late. You know, it isn't too late yet.

Thank you for always having my back and never asking questions. For never judging me, for always going with my excuses and smiling blindly. Thank you for never asking questions and standing in my way. Thank you.

I moved for you. I transferred for you. I went against all odds, lost many friends and dedicated myself to you. Did I mention that I was incredibly young? And I believed you when you said thank you. I believed you when you said you'd never do me wrong. But you ended up doing things I didn't think ANYONE was capable for. And now, I'm graduating a year later. And the thought of you makes my stomach flip - even to this day. I'm scared of running into you because I feel I may actually physically hurt you. And the day that I truly get over all of this, will be the day that I can say that I'm truly a grown up. And I truly believe in Karma.

I'm not trying to be your mom, I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did.

I wish you didn't care so much about what other people thought of you. Maybe then, you wouldn't have so many fake friends and cry all the time. I wish you'd learn to just not give a damn. All these people you surround yourself with now more than likely won't be around when you need them. Step off your high horse already.

I'll never forgive you for introducing me to drugs. And I'll never forgive myself for falling into temptaton. But I do congratulate myself for getting out when I could. And I'm happy to be completely clean. You have no idea how stupid you really do look.

You were the worst first kiss of my life. I wonder who elses first kiss you ruined.

Thank you for stopping me. Thank you for bringing my back to reality. Thank you for showing me the truth. Thank you for never abandoning me. And most of all, even though I see you only once in a while - thank you for never changing our way. Talking to you every. single. day. since our freshman year in high school has had and will probably always have one of the most significant impacts of all my life. Thank you.

-----

Well, that fell fantastic. You should definitely give it a shot.



3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Doesn't it, though (feel fantastic)? Glad to inspire ;-)

Oh, and...

"I'm not too big on pranks. Actually, I hate them a hell of a lot."

Sorrrryyyy...

Lovebug's mom said...

"I love you, a lot. I always have and I always will. But for the amount of effort I put into our friendship, you do a stank ass job. And sometimes, I resent you for this. You want everything to be your way, you call to complain, but you never lend an ear. I guess that's sort of why we live so far and only speak every so often. And I suppose that is why I never answer the phone anymore when you call - I simply text you back. Because you lack the recognition of a good friendship. And you take people for granted, and you put yourself back. I love you, a lot. But I want to associate myself with you less and less because you fall short of all you claim to be. Your goals are false, and you will settle for less - when you deserve that much more. And that, in truth, makes me a hell of a lot sad."

Lovebug's mom said...

was that... to me?